A to Z
Blue Bin: Outline
All the materials can go into the blue wheelie bin. There is no need to keep your paper and cardboard separate.
Paper and cardboard:
- paper and writing paper
- magazines, brochures and catalogues
- greetings cards
- junk mail
- shredded paper
- toilet and kitchen roll inners
- paper bags
- cardboard packaging
- cardboard food sleeves
- cardboard egg boxes
- telephone directories (including yellow pages)
- cereal boxes
- toothpaste boxes
- paper plates (clean)
- wrapping paper (with sticky tape removed please).
- drinks cans and food tins
- glass jars and glass bottles
- plastic bottles (such as pop, water, detergent and plastic milk bottles)
- plastic food trays
- plant pots
- carrier bags (loose)
- waxed milk and juice cartons (tetra paks)
- margarine tubs
- ice cream tubs
- yoghurt pots
- empty aerosol cans
- aluminium foil/foil trays
Please ensure that all recyclables are clean and free from food contamination and are put in the Blue Wheelie Bin LOOSE and NOT IN BAGS.
What you should NOT put into the Blue Wheelie bin:
- bagged waste general or household waste
- building materials
- plastic toys
- plastic buckets
- thermos flasks
- glass cookware(pyrex), glazing (windows) and from picture frames
- polystyrene packaging foam
For our section on recycling, rubbish and waste, please follow this link.
Tel: (01543) 462621
Fax: (01543) 462317Waste Management, Civic Buildings, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 1BG
- Personal query (above is my work email address) - with regard to recycling: do you take coffee machine pods (eg for Bosch tassimo machines?), and also wrappings from cat dried food in the bags - the big bags, or like the ones that Eukaneba do for cats and dogs etc?
- How do I have a sofa and arm chair disposed of?
- "poly resin" (heavy plastic) toilet seat - can it be recycled or does it have to go in the green bin?
- I recently moved into a property where there are some sheets of glass left outside, some of it appears laminated and some not, how do i dispose of this?
- Do you have any re-cycling or disposal options for mattresses?
- Does the council have any facility for recycling of pianos?
- how do we arrange for the disposal of a fridge freezer. do the council collect ?
- If my bin collection day is on a Monday what is the earliest the bins can be put out on the pavement. Can they put out on the pavement anytime on the Sunday.
- Refuse and Recycling - Instructions for online forms
- Waste & Recycling Newsletter
- Helpful Information for Blind/Partially Sighted Residents
- Extra Recycling Capacity
- Your Waste & Recycling Service
- What Happens to My Recycling
- Waste and Recycling - Collection Calendars
- A big thank you to our residents
- Waste and Recycling - Which Items Go In Which Bin?
- Safe Disposal of Asbestos
- Real Nappies Information
- Home Composting
- Unwanted Mail Information
- Waste Collection Commitment
- Recycling Points
- Recycling Events!
- Christmas Waste and Recycling Collections
- Household Waste Recycling Centres (Tip) Opening Times & Bring Site Locations
- Household Waste Recycling Centres Winter Opening Times
- New Kerbside Collection Service