Cannock Chase Council

A to Z

Licence - Casinos: Outline

In accordance with the Gambling Act 2005 there is a requirement to license betting shops, track and non-track, bingo, adult gaming centres, family entertainment centres and casinos. The Local Authority can only issue licences to such premises once the Gambling Commission has issued an Operators Licence. There may also be a requirement to hold a Personal Licence, issued by the Gambling Commission.


For amusements with prizes machines (AWP) there are different permits and licensing regimes depending on circumstances.


For infomation on amusements with prizes machines (gaming machines) please follow this link.


For an application for a casino, please follow this link.

Related Contacts

Gambling Commission

Tel: 0121 230 6666

Fax: 0121 230 6720


Gambling Commission, Victoria Square House, Birmingham, B2 4BP

Licensing and Registration

Tel: (01543) 464504

Licensing, Civic Buildings, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 1BG

Straight to information on: