Cannock Chase Council

A to Z

Licence - Food Business: Outline

UK law requires registration of premises used for a food business (including market stalls, delivery vehicles and other moveable structures). Registration allows local authorities to keep an up-to-date list of all those premises in their area so they can visit them when they need to. The frequency of the visits will depend on the type of business.


The sale of hot food and/or drink between 23.00 and 05.00 hours requires a Premises Licence under the Licensing Act 2003.


For more information on Street Trading and a copy of the Street Trading Application form, please follow this link.


For a copy of an application form for a Premises Licence, please follow this link.

Related Contacts

Licensing and Registration

Tel: (01543) 464504

Licensing, Civic Buildings, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 1BG

Straight to information on: