A to Z
Alcohol Advisory Service: Outline
Staffordshire County Council provide a service for people affected by alcohol. We help and support to those who feel they can't be alcohol free and also those who choose abstinence as an aim.
Our staff are drawn from a variety of professional backgrounds and who are all trained to help people with alcohol related problems.Staffordshrie County Council provide the following help:
- counselling, advice and support for people affected by alcohol
- support and counselling for families, friends and colleagues of people who have an alcohol related problem
- support for you through your GP if prescribing is going to be helpful in dealing with your alcohol problem
- community detoxification programmes and in-patient detox if appropriate
- support from other agencies who advise people with alcohol related problems
- education and training about alcohol issues
- alternative therapies
Please follow this link to view the pages on Staffordshire County Council's Staffordshire Substance Misuse Commisioning Team.