Council Housing Repairs Service
Emergency Repairs Standards
PRIORITY ONE - To be responded to within same day
An emergency repair is one which involves immediate risk to life or limb or serious damage to property.
This service is provided 24 hours a day.
During normal office hours (Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm) report the repair to the Council office or telephone 01543 462621. This number can also be called outside normal office hours, during weekends and bank holidays for emergencies.
The Council's emergency out of hours service will arrange for a trade operative to call, the defect will normally be made safe and the full repair completed as soon as possible during normal working hours.
The out of hours emergency service should not be used for non-emergency repairs, if the system is used unnecessarily you may be recharged for the costs involved.
List of Emergency Repairs
- Total loss of power
- Total loss of water supply
- Total or partial loss of gas supply
- Unsafe power or lighting socket link with the electric
- Lighting loss to (kitchen, bathroom, stairs/landing only)
- Cooker socket (loss of power)
- Communal fire alarm system
- Loss of electric space or water heating between 1st November and 1st May
- Blocked or leaking foul drain, soil stack or (where there is no other working WC in the dwelling) WC pan
- WC not flushing (where there is no other working WC in the dwelling)
- Leak from water pipe, tank or cistern
- Leaking roof (temporary repair)
- Insecure external window, door or lock
- Making good dangerous glazing