Council Housing Repairs Service
Gas and Solid Fuel Heating Repairs
For more information on gas and solid fuel repairs, please refer to page 16 and 17 of Housing Services Repairs Handbook.
PRIORITY G1 Uncontrolled gas escapes / fumes / CO detector activation - response within 1 hour.
PRIORITY G2 Controlled gas escapes / fumes / CO detector activation - response within 2 hours.
PRIORITY G3 Any other emergency e.g. water leak - response within 4 hours.
PRIORITY G4 Total failure of central heating system - same day response.
PRIORITY G5 Specified repair - response within 24 hours.
PRIORITY G6 Any other repair - response within 3 days.
Priority G4 includes:
- Failure of only form of heating in living room - for vulnerable tenants.
- Boiler/central heating overheating/banging.
- Water excessively hot.
Priority G5 includes:
- No hot water
- Overflow running
- Breakdowns for installations under warranty
- Void checks and abandoned properties / spin cap incoming gas supply.
Priority G6 includes:
- Focal fire not working
- Fire radiants not glowing
- One cold radiator
- Heating and hot water only on together
- Remove/refit radiator for other trades
- Faulty time clock/room stat - if heating/hot water still working
- Check consumption - high gas bills
- Lost item behind fire - unless safety may be compromised
- Fire will not light - if radiator fitted in same room
- Noisy boiler - if heating/hot water still working
- New tenant / mutual exchange checks
- Batten wall and refix radiator.
Please note - this list may be subject to further amendment but only after further consultation.