Cannock Chase Council

Temporary Road Closures

Temporary Road Closure Orders

Cannock Chase District Council has the power under Section 21 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847 to temporarily close roads for public events such as street parties, street markets and processions.

There is a fee payable of £217.50 (correct as of 1st April 2012) for making a Road Closure Order if you are a firm/business or a statutory body such as a Parish or Town Council. However, no fee is charged if you are an individual organising a street party for your friends/neighbours, or you are a registered charity organising an event for a charitable purpose.

If you wish to apply for a Temporary Road Closure, you should download and complete the application form here.

Please note that you will need to give the Council at least 4 weeks notice of the proposed road closure, to allow sufficient time for the Council to consult with the various interested parties (such as the police and the highway authority) and to prepare the formal Road Closure Order.

For any additional information please contact Gary Finn on telephone number 01785 619202.

You can also obtain further information about holding a street party on the Government's Website:

Straight to information on: