Cannock Chase District lies at the heart of the motorway network in England, the nearest large city being Birmingham. The M6 Toll runs through the south of the district.
- Exit M6, Junction 11 (from the South), Junction 12 (from the North).
- A5 and A34 trunk roads provide east-west and north-south routes.
- Exit T8 (M6 Toll)
- The district is well served by local bus and coach companies operating from Cannock bus station.
- For more information contact Traveline Public transport information 0871 200 22 33* or visit www.traveline.org.uk
- Regular local passenger services run to Cannock, Hednesford and Rugeley Town from Stafford, Walsall and Birmingham New Street.
- Local rail enquiries can be made by contacting London Midland tel:0121 634 2040* or visit www.londonmidland.com
- National Rail Enquiries 08457 48 49 50* or via Internet www.nationalrail.co.uk or www.traveline.org.uk
- Birmingham International airport is only 30-40 minutes away by motorway. Telephone 0121 767 5511 or visit www.birminghamairport.co.uk
- Manchester airport is 75 minutes away via M6/M56. Telephone: 0161 489 3000 or visit www.manchesterairport.co.uk
- East Midlands airport is also easily accessible (approx 1 hour away). For more information telephone 01332 852852 or visit www.eastmidlandsairport.com
- Coventry airport telephone: 0124 7630 8600 or visit www.coventryairport.co.uk
Useful Contacts for all transport
- Traveline - plan travel by bus, train, coach.
- Network West Midlands - information on bus, train and metro.
PO Box 28,