Cannock Chase Council and Stafford Borough Council operate a shared service for the Building Control function. This has resulted in a single team, based in a single location carrying out the building control function across the two Local Authority areas.
Our professional team of Building Control Surveyors assess plans and carry out site inspections to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations 2010. The Team also act as consultants on various construction matters and as well as the Building Regulations, our surveyors also:
- control demolition of buildings and structures
- take action on dangerous structures and buildings (including 24-hour callout)
On 1st October 2023 the government introduced new building regulations. These relate to issues such as:
- role of Dutyholders with respect to compliance with the building regulations
- competence of persons and organisations involved with building work
- registration of the building control profession
- new regime for high-risk buildings
A summary of the changes is contained here and the amended building regulations can be accessed at The Building Regulations 2010 (legislation.gov.uk)
The best and quickest way to contact us is by using the email@example.com email address. Payments for new applications or copies of documents can be made by calling 01785 619340. If you have received an invoice for site inspections please call the number on the bottom of your invoice.
If you are planning a
You can also find out more about our Building Control service below.