Cannock Chase Local Plan - Preferred Options Consultation
Cannock Chase Council is seeking your views on important plans and documents that will shape the future of Cannock Chase District.
We are consulting from Friday 19th March until Friday 30th April 2021 on the Cannock Chase Local Plan and accompanying Sustainability Appraisal.
Cannock Chase Local Plan – Preferred Options document
The Local Plan helps to shape the way in which the physical, economic, social and environmental characteristics of Cannock Chase District will change over a 15 year period following adoption in 2023. The Council is currently undertaking a review of its adopted Local Plan (Part 1) 2014 due to a number of national and local policy changes. The Local Plan Review Preferred Options document follows on from the Issues and Scope consultation in 2018 and the Issues and Options consultation in 2019. This current Preferred Options consultation is the next step in the process and takes into account previous consultation comments received. It sets out an update on the key issues including housing and employment, and considers the Preferred Options for addressing them. We welcome your views on the updated document below and thank you for your continued engagement in the Local Plan process.
- Local Plan - Preferred Options Consultation Document
- Local Plan - Preferred Options Consultation Document Summary
- Local Plan - Preferred Options Policies Map
- Local Plan - Preferred Options Consultation Letter
Note regarding clarification to the wording of Policy S03.1 in the above Local Plan - Preferred Options Consultation Document.
Sustainability Appraisal Report and Habitat Regulations Assessment Report
It is a legal requirement that when we produce the Local Plan this is informed by a Sustainability Appraisal, so we are consulting on this alongside the Local Plan (this also incorporates a Health Impact Assessment and Equalities Impact Assessment). Given that there are a number of internationally designated ecological sites within the District, we also have to produce a report which assesses any potential impacts upon these sensitive sites arising from future development, known as a Habitat Regulations Assessment. Read the assessment reports accompanying the Local Plan here:
- Cannock Chase Local Plan Preferred Options Sustainability Appraisal & Health Impact Assessment (March 2021)
- Cannock Chase Local Plan Preferred Options Equalities Impact Assessment (March 2021)
- Cannock Chase Local Plan Preferred Options Habitat Regulations Assessment Report (March 2021)
Local Plan evidence base
The Local Plan is supported by a range of updated evidence base documents (also available below). We are not seeking comments on these supporting documents; however they provide useful additional detailed information to support the Local Plan. Since the last consultation we have published evidence on:
- Cannock Chase Economic Development Needs Assessment Update (CCDC, December 2020) (in response to COVID-19)
- Cannock Chase Retail and Town Centre Uses Study Executive Summary (CCDC January 2021) (which looks at the health of our centres and their future potential)
- Cannock Chase Retail and Town Centre Uses Study Main Report (CCDC January 2021)
- Cannock Chase Retail and Town Centre Uses Study Appendices A-I (CCDC, Jan 2021)
- Cannock Chase Retail and Town Centre Uses Study Appendix J (CCDC, Jan 2021)
- Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation Baseline Report (SCC October, 2020)
- Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation Final Report (SCC, October 2020)
- Cannock Chase Heritage Impact Assessment (CCDC, September 2020) (to identify how development could impact our heritage assets)
- Cannock Chase Development Capacity Study (which looks to assess the potential supply of land for housing within our existing settlements)
- Cannock Chase Employment Land Availability Assessment 2020
- Cannock Chase Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment 2020
- Green Belt Part 2 Study Report (March 2021) (Assessment of potential harm of releasing smaller areas of land from the Green Belt than the Part 1 Study)
How to make comments
To give us your views please use the representation/comments form. Paper forms can be posted out if you do not have internet access. Please submit these using the contact details for Planning Policy set out below.
- Representation Form (Word format to complete on computer)
- Representation Form (PDF format to print a copy)
If you have any questions, you can contact us in the following ways:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to Planning Policy at Planning Policy, Civic Centre, Beecroft Road, Cannock, Staffs, WS11 1BG
- If you do not have access to the internet or require additional help please telephone 01543 462621 and ask for Planning Policy. A Planning Officer will then be booked to contact you.
Please send your comments to us by 4:45pm on Friday 30th April 2021.
Please note that responses to comments made will be reported back through the Cabinet process. If you require confirmation of receipt of your comments please contact the office.
When submitting comments we are unable to treat your views confidentially although only your name, and (if applicable) the person or organisation you represent will be publicly attributable - see the Planning Policy Privacy Notice at www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/PrivacyNotice or contact us if you need further information.
As current circumstances limit the opportunity to hold our usual drop in sessions we will be making telephone and video meeting slots available, requests should be made via email or by telephoning the office using the contact details set out above.
We are able to post out response forms if you do not have computer access and a summary of the document is also available, as well as discussing the plans over the telephone. Please let us know if there are any other accessibility issues and we will make additional plans where possible to accommodate them.
At present Staffordshire County Council have re-opened Cannock and Rugeley libraries for computer bookings only, so if you do not have access to a computer at home but are able to use one you can contact them to sign up as library member and book a time slot to use a computer. See https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/Libraries/Coronavirus-update-for-libraries.aspx for details. You will then be able to view the documents via our website at www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/planningpolicy
Corona Virus Update
If you do not have access to email facilities please phone the contact centre on 01543 462621 (open 9am - 5pm, Mon - Fri), who will arrange for a member of the team to return your call.
Work is continuing on the Local Plan and other Planning Policy work. However, it should be noted that the Council will continue to review work plans in line with current Government guidance to determine where current limitations on working conditions (e.g. site visits, public consultation events, access to some information and specialist equipment, etc.) may impact on future planning work.
Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
Following recent changes to Government planning legislation the SCI has been updated with a new Addendum to reflect temporary changes to the way the Council consults stakeholders on Planning Applications and Planning Policy documents during 2021.
For general planning information regarding the Local Plan or to register for updates please email the team at email@example.com
Please note that any correspondence regarding planning applications and pre-application advice on potential home improvements should be sent to the Development Control team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can also write to Planning Policy, Civic Centre, Beecroft Road, Cannock, Staffs, WS11 1BG or phone 01543 462621 and ask for Planning Policy. Please note that due to limited staff being permitted to work from the Civic Centre responses to postal enquiries will take longer than other forms of communication.
By requesting your details to be added to the planning policy consultation database you are providing your consent for us to retain your personal information so we can keep you up to date with progress on the local plan and other planning policy consultations. Our consultation database is held confidentially by the Planning Policy team, is not shared with anyone else including other departments with in Cannock Chase Council. We will retain your details on record until you a) request that we update them b) you unsubscribe or c) we have evidence that the contact is no longer active for example returned letters or email ‘bounce-back’. You can update your preferences by emailing email@example.com or writing to Planning Policy, Cannock Chase Council, Civic Centre, PO Box 28, Beecroft Road, Cannock WS11 1BG. For further information see www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/PrivacyNotice
Cannock Chase Local Plan Review Preferred Options...
Cannock Chase Local Plan Preferred Options Consultation...
Cannock Chase Local Plan Preferred Options Representation...
Cannock Chase Local Plan Preferred Options Representation...
Cannock Chase Local Plan Preferred Options Sustainability...
Cannock Chase Local Plan Preferred Options Equalities...
Cannock Chase Local Plan Preferred Options Habitat...
Cannock Chase Local Plan Review Preferred Options Non...
Clarification to Policy SO3.1
Last Updated: 23/03/2021