THINK: Be Aware Who You Scare
'Take Care and Be Aware' is about making sure that Halloween is a 'treat' for everyone and that you don't go out with a bang on Bonfire Night.
Halloween can be harmless fun but some members of the community can become distressed by unexpected trick or treaters. Part of a wider ‘Take Care and Be Aware’ initiative, young people are being encouraged to ‘Think – Be Aware Who You Scare’ and to follow the latest Covid guidelines this Halloween.
We want everyone to have fun over this celebratory period but it's important to remember to stay Covid safe.
This is why we are providing you with some alternative ideas to create the magic at home.
Read our full press release here.
Happy Halloween and Bonfire!
Remember, Halloween during the Covid-19 pandemic is a chance for you and your family to get creative, and maybe even invent some new traditions for your!
Families are being discouraged in taking part in traditional trick or treat activities.
- Do activities in your own home or garden
- Take part in a local ‘Pumpkin Trail’ if available in your area
- Be careful not to frighten elderly or vulnerable people
Create Halloween magic at home!
- Celebrate with a spooky movie night and dress up as your favourite character. Do this as a family at home or consider letting your child watch with their friends while video chatting, with everyone starting the movie at the same time.
- Decorating pumpkins is still as safe and fun as ever. Just be careful to avoid pumpkin carving injuries.
- Make some fun Halloween treats as a family
Remember to stay Covid safe – HANDS – FACE – SPACE
If you experience anti-social behaviour during this time contact:
Staffordshire Police on 101 (non-emergency) - in an emergency always dial 999
Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
Print off a 'no treat or treat' poster below to display in your window!
Bonfire Night and Fireworks
Need any advice or information about fireworks?
Don't know what's illegal on Bonfire night and what's not?
Get all your questions answered by calling the Staffordshire Firework's Hotline on 01785 277855 (available office hours, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm)
Remember: Check the firework code and make sure you follow each step!
Download a copy of Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service's safety tips below
Last Updated: 23/10/2020