Many Council tenants believe that the Council automatically insure their furniture, belongings and decorations against theft, fire, vandalism or burst pipes. This is not the case and unfortunately many people only realise this after the event. Tenants are recommended to make arrangements to protect their belongings by taking out contents insurance cover. There are many insurers who can provide this cover or alternatively it can be arranged through the special household contents scheme available only to tenants of Cannock Chase Council.
- Payments can be made weekly along with your rent or by direct debit;
- Insured Risks - your contents are covered for loss or damage on a ‘new for old’ basis (with the exception of linen and clothing), meaning that they would be replaced as new if destroyed by an event covered by the policy;
- Accidental Damage cover included as standard;
- Realistic sums insured available;
- No excess to pay (you don’t pay the first part of a claim);
- Covers damage to internal decoration;
- Optional extras, such as personal effects away from the home, wheelchairs and mobility scooters, hearing aids and also buildings cover for sheds, garages & greenhouses also available for an additional premium.
Our application pack which includes further details of the cover and premiums can be requested by ringing the number below.
If you wish to know more, please contact the insurance office on 01543 464679 or alternatively E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Council cannot guarantee that its scheme provides the cheapest cover available, or that it provides the widest cover – you are recommended to seek alternative quotations and choose the cover which best suits your needs.
Last Updated: 01/09/2016