The maintenance of trees within gardens of Council owned properties is the responsibility of the tenant. However, where a tree requires removal or remedial work due to safety reasons, arrangements will be made to inspect the tree and undertake any necessary work. Trees should not be removed without written permission from the Council; this is particularly important where a tree is subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO).
Inspections will only be carried out where a hazard has been identified and meets at least one of the criteria below
- If the tree is dangerous, diseased or deceased.
- If the tree is causing damage or disrepair to a council property.
- Emergency/Storm damage
For tree enquiries that meet the criteria, please contact the Cannock Chase Council Contact Centre on (01543) 462621 giving the customer service operator the following details:
1. Name, address and telephone number.
2. Location (front/rear etc.), type of tree if known.
3. Reason for concern about the trees safety. e.g. broken/damaged branch.
Please see leaflet below:-
Last Updated: 11/05/2018