Information on how to feedback compliments, comments or complaints about a taxi, private hire vehicle or its driver in Cannock Chase.
Compliments, comments or complaints should be made to:
Cannock Chase District Council,
PO Box 28,
Phone 01543 462621
Please note that all complaints must be made in writing.
A “report it” facility is also available on the Council’s website at www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/online
The Licensing Unit can investigate complaints such as:
- Refusal to hire
- Rudeness/verbal abuse
- Journey routes
- Physical makeup of vehicle (e.g. cleanliness)
- Safety of vehicle (e.g. seat belts in working order.)
Complaints about matters such as dangerous driving, assault or theft should be reported to the Police as well as the Council’s Licensing Unit.
Information you will need to supply:
Where possible you should include:
- A description of the incident
- The driver's badge number (if possible)
- The plate number and/or registration number of the vehicle
- The date and time of the incident and journey details (to and from)
- Other passengers present
- The name of the taxi company concerned
- Your contact details
Generally, complaints are dealt with by the licensing offers who will take appropriate action once the investigation is complete.
Serious complaints which may result in action being taken through the courts will require witness statements from all those present during the incident.
If you do not wish to make a witness statement, the complaint is unlikely to go to court and may be dealt with in a less formal manner.
Compliment , Comment or Complaint
Last Updated: 17/08/2023