The Council's Housing Service plays a vital role towards improving conditions for tenants in the District. The Neighbourhoods team are committed to making our estates places where people are proud and happy to live.
To improve our estates we will:
- Consult with tenants on estate improvements
- Manage tenancy agreements
- Conduct estate inspections
- Work in partnership with others to keep communal areas clean, free from rubbish and well maintained
- Remove hate graffiti within 24 hours of notification and all other graffiti within 10 working days
- Address untidy garden issues
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Clean and Tidy Council Properties – How you can help us.
The Council encourage all tenants to look after their properties and gardens, keeping them clean, tidy and clear of rubbish. As a tenant of the Council, you have agreed to keep the property in a good and clean condition and your garden tidy.
The Council perform regular ‘tenancy audits’ or checks of Council properties to make sure the legal tenant is living there and no other terms of the tenancy agreement are being broken. If your property is in a poor state, you will be asked to tidy the property up and put right anything that may have been damaged on purpose.