Support is still available to anyone affected by domestic abuse across Cannock Chase District during the Coronavirus lockdown. Local support services are offering alternative ways to provide help for those trapped in an abusive situation at home.
All those services which previously offered face-to-face or group support, including the New Era victim and perpetrator service commissioned by the Staffordshire Commissioner’s Office, can now be accessed online, by Skype or webchat where available, or by telephone.
Remember, in an emergency, call 999.
If you need to call 999 from a mobile phone, but are unable to speak because doing so could put you in even greater danger, use the Silent Solution. If you don’t reply when the operator asks which emergency service you need, the call will be forwarded to an operating system.
When prompted to do so, press 55. The system will detect this and treat it as an emergency. Your call will be transferred to Staffordshire Police who will ask you simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ questions. If you’re unable to speak, listen carefully so they can get you the help you need, wherever you are.
Support for anyone affected by domestic abuse is available from the following services:
SUPPORT FOR VICTIMS
Staffordshire-wide support for victims and their families:
- New Era’s Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent 24-hour confidential helpline (across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent) 0300 303 3778 and their 24/7 live chat facility at www.new-era.uk
Localised support for victims and their families:
- Staffordshire Women’s Aid 24 hour confidential helpline (supporting Stafford, Cannock and South Staffordshire) 0300 330 5959
- Glow (supporting North Staffordshire) 0330 0945 559
- Pathway (supporting Lichfield and Tamworth) 01543 676800
National support for victims and their families:
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 200 0247
- Men’s Advice Line: 0808 801 0327
- National LBGT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0800 999 5428
- The Survivors Trust (Rape and Sexual Violence Services): 08088 010818
SERVICES FOR PERPETRATORS
Staffordshire-wide services for perpetrators wanting to change their behaviour:
- New Era Domestic Abuse Service for perpetrators who want support to change (across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent) 01785 904770
Localised services for perpetrators wanting to change their behaviour:
- Glow perpetrator support (supporting North Staffordshire) 0330 0945 559
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
Staffordshire-wide mental health support:
- North Staffs Mind: 01782 262100
- Samaritans: 116 123
- The Dove Service (telephone counselling for anyone struggling with bereavement, loss, life-changing or life-limiting illness): 01782 683155
- Changes (children, young people and adults): 07983 437747
- Papyrus (service for young people at risk of suicide): 0800 068 4141
- Get Men Talking (Newcastle under Lyme): 07834 728425 / 07889 535942
- North Staffordshire Combined Mental Health Trust: 0300 123 0907
Last Updated: 07/11/2022