Cannock Chase Council is extending its car parking discount initiative to encourage shoppers to visit Cannock and Rugeley town centres. The extension period will run from 1 November until 30 January 2022.
Shoppers parking at a Council owned car park within Cannock or Rugeley town centres will receive £2 off the cost of their car parking ticket if they spend more than £5 on goods or services within a participating shop or hospitality business. The customer will receive the £2 payment on presenting their car parking ticket or showing the text message or email receipt from the Pay by Phone service. The refund will apply to one transaction at a time only.
Each participating business will be offered a grant of £250 to be able to issue the £2 payment to customers with a valid ticket or voucher.
All participating businesses must meet eligibility rules and sign a declaration to confirm they have been and continue to be a Covid 19 affected business.
Stickers will be displayed in the windows of participating shops and hospitality venues.
Details of participating businesses, Council owned car parks and the initiative’s terms and conditions can be found below.
The initiative is being funded by the Council’s Additional Restrictions Grant and Welcome Back funding allocation from HM Government.
It aims to encourage more footfall into the town centres and help local businesses and traders to recover from the pandemic and the effect of the recent lockdown restrictions.
For further information about this new initiative email the Council’s Economic Development Team on EconDev@cannockchasedc.gov.uk
List of Council owned car parks
Participating car parks include the following:
Cannock Council-owned car parks:
- Beecroft Road
- Avon Road
- Danilo Road
- Railway Station, Girton Road
- Front of Council Civic Centre Offices
- Brunswick Road (rear of Council Offices)
Rugeley Council-owned car parks:
- Forge Road
- Market Hall
- Market Street
- Taylors Lane
- St Paul's Road
Car Parking Initiative - Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
CAR PARKING REFUND EXTENSION - CANNOCK CHASE COUNCIL
1st NOVEMBER 2021 TO 30th JANUARY 2022
- THIS INITIATIVE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO INDEPENDENT TRADERS/BUSINESSES OPERATING FROM FIXED PERMANENT UNITS WITHIN CANNOCK & RUGELEY TOWN CENTRE (BOUNDARIES AS DEFINED BY THE LOCAL PLAN AND RUGELEY AREA ACTION PLAN)
- PARTICIPATING BUSINESSES NEED TO HAVE REACHED AN AGREEMENT WITH THE COUNCIL (E.G. EMAIL) WHEREBY BOTH PARTIES HAVE CONSENTED TO BE PART OF THE INITIATIVE.
- A ONE OFF GRANT OF £250 WILL BE PAID TO EACH PARTICIPATING BUSINESS TO COVER THE 3 MONTH TRIAL PERIOD AND TO COVER THE REIMBURSEMENTS.
- BUSINESSES WILL NEED TO DISPLAY THE WINDOW DECAL SUPPLIED BY THE COUNCIL, INFORMING THE SHOPPER THAT THEY CAN CLAIM THEIR £2 REFUND IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT.
- PARTICIPATING COUNCIL OWNED CAR PARKS ARE: -
CANNOCK COUNCIL-OWNED CAR PARKS:
- BEECROFT ROAD
- AVON ROAD
- DANILO ROAD
- RAILWAY STATION, GIRTON ROAD
- FRONT OF COUNCIL CIVIC CENTRE OFFICES
- BRUNSWICK ROAD (REAR OF COUNCIL OFFICES)
RUGELEY COUNCIL-OWNED CAR PARKS:
- FORGE ROAD
- MARKET HALL
- MARKET STREET
- TAYLORS LANE
- ST PAUL'S ROAD
- CAR PARKING TICKET MACHINES WILL BE CONFIGURED TO ISSUE TWO TICKETS, ONE FOR DISPLAY IN THE VEHICLE AND THE OTHER FOR THE CUSTOMER TO TAKE WITH THEM AND PRESENT FOR REDEMPTION IN STORE.
- IF CUSTOMER HAS PURCHASED THEIR TICKET BY PHONE THEN THE BUSINESS WOULD NEED TO SEE THIS ON THE HANDSET AND MAKE A NOTE OF ANY REFERENCE NUMBER/TIME/DATE PURCHASED/WHICH CAR PARK
- A CUSTOMER MUST SPEND £5 OR MORE, IN ONE TRANSACTION, ONE SHOP – TO QUALIFY FOR THE £2 REFUND.
- THE CUSTOMER MUST HAND THEIR SECOND CAR PARKING TICKET TO THE RETAILER/BUSINESS FOR RETENTION. ONLY 1 TRANSACTION PER TICKET
- THE RETAILER/BUSINESS MUST CARRY OUT AUDIT CHECKS ON THE TICKET, NAMELY THEY SHOULD CHECK THAT THE DATE IS THE DATE OF PURCHASE AND REDEMPTION, THAT IT WAS PURCHASED IN A COUNCIL-OWNED CAR PARK (SEE LIST ABOVE)
- ONCE SATISFIED THAT ALL IS COMPLIANT, £2 CASH WOULD BE GIVEN TO THE CUSTOMER FROM THE £250 GRANT THAT THE COUNCIL HAVE ISSUED
- THE BUSINESS RETAINS THE ORIGINAL TICKETS, COMPLETES A MONITORING FORM AND ATTACHES THE TICKET TO IT. IF PARKING IS PURCHASED BY PHONE, THEN RELEVANT DETAILS SHALL BE COMPLETED ON THE FORM
- THE PERSON ISSUING THE REFUND WOULD THEN INITIAL THE MONITORING FORM TO SAY £2 HANDED TO THE CUSTOMER AND ALL CHECKS COMPLETED.
- EACH MONDAY, STARTING 8th NOVEMBER 2021, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT VIA EMAIL at email@example.com YOUR MONITORING FORM AND TICKETS. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION VIA EMAIL, PLEASE ADVISE THE COUNCIL AND A COUNCIL EMPLOYEE WILL COLLECT THE TICKETS AND CLAIM FORM FROM THE RELEVANT BUSINESS.
- ALL BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING SHALL CONSENT TO HAVING THEIR NAMES/DETAILS DISPLAYED ON SOCIAL MEDIA TO ENCOURAGE MORE VISITORS/SHOPPERS INTO THE TOWN CENTRES AND EMPHASISE WHERE THEY CAN OBTAIN THEIR REFUND.
- IF AFTER THE 3 MONTH EXTENSION, THERE ARE FUNDS REMAINING FROM THE £250 GRANT, THE BUSINESS CAN REINVEST THIS BACK INTO THEIR BUSINESS AND IS NOT REQUIRED TO RETURN ANY FUNDS TO THE COUNCIL.
- ANY BUSINESS SHOWN NOT TO BE ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING AFTER SIGNING UP TO THE INITIATIVE WILL BE DEEMED AS NOT TO BE ACTING IN THE SPIRIT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES.
- THERE IS A REQUIREMENT FOR PARTICIPATING BUSINESSES TO ACTIVELY PROMOTE THE INITIATIVE TO ALL CUSTOMERS PURCHASING GOODS WITHIN THEIR PREMISES.
- THOSE BUSINESSES WHO PREVIOUSLY PARTICIPATED IN THE CAR PARK PILOT INITIATIVE MUST HAVE REFUNDED A MINIMUM OF 3 VOUCHERS TO QUALIFY FOR INCLUSION IN THIS EXTENDED PERIOD.
Last Updated: 15/10/2021