This team is responsible for dealing with the Council's statutory responsibilities towards private sector housing. This team employs Environmental Health Officers and Technical Officers who deliver the following functions:
- Investigation of complaints about hazards to health, safety and wellbeing in private residential properties.
- Investigation of complaints about defects with private drains.
- Delivering adaptations for people with disabilities to make their homes easier and safer to live in.
- Delivering home security improvements for vulnerable people.
- Dealing with long term empty properties in the district and bringing them back into use.
- Licensing and regulation of safety and management standards in Houses in Multiple Occupation.
For more information please telephone 01543 462621
Or write to:
Private Sector Housing
Cannock Chase Council
Consultation - draft House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) Space and Amenity Standards
“We are committed to ensuring our residents live in safe homes. These standards set out our approach to improving the condition of rented properties that are Houses in Multiple Occupation and provide support to stakeholders.
We sincerely hope they will help deliver the Council’s main priorities of ‘Economic Prosperity, ‘Health and Wellbeing’, ‘The Community’ and being a ‘Responsible Council’.”
Councillor Adrienne Fitzgerald
Housing, Heritage and Leisure Portfolio Leader
Welcome to our consultation on Cannock Chase Council's draft House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) Space and Amenity Standards. These standards cover properties rented as shared houses or on a room by room basis. We are seeking your views on the draft standards to ensure you help shape housing standards in the area. The standards outline to landlords and tenants what is expected in HMO's operating within Cannock Chase to deliver quality housing.
Please let us know your opinion on those things you think we have got right but also to highlight areas we need to consider further. Your views will help produce a final version of the Standards which will be applied moving forwards. These will ensure housing of this type meets the needs of the residents of Cannock Chase.
The draft document is below but if you would like a printed version please contact us.
To comment on the draft Standards please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Private Sector Housing, Cannock Chase Council, Civic Centre, Beecroft Road, Cannock, WS11 1BG
Last Updated: 29/06/2022