Cannock Chase Council aim to ensure that all residents have access to affordable housing that enables a good quality of life.
The Housing Options Service aim to prevent people becoming homeless by providing advice and assistance to help people find a solution to their housing problem.
The Housing Register is available to anyone 18 years of age or over who wishes to apply for a council or housing association property in the city. However, there is a shortage of social housing in the Cannock Chase area and a huge demand for accommodation. This means that council and housing association properties are not widely available and usually only go to those who are in the most need.
What does the Housing Options service do?
Our Housing Options Team can:
- help you keep your existing home
- help you explore your housing options
- give advice on the council's statutory duties
- if appropriate refer you to supported housing schemes and hostels
What services can Housing Options offer?
The Housing Options team offer a range of services to help people of all ages and circumstances. Where possible, we aim to make sure nobody actually becomes homeless. We do this by providing advice at an early stage about what housing options are available.
Who can the Housing Options service help?
We are able to provide advice to anybody who approaches the service. In some cases, we will give you information about other specialist agencies who will be better able to help you.
There are many situations where the Housing Options Team can help you in keeping your home. Examples include:
- negotiating with landlords over rent arrears and tenancy issues
- help and advice with paying your mortgage, including negotiating payment of mortgage debt
- fast track claims for Housing Benefit and Local Housing Allowance
- offering advice and assistance if you are affected by domestic violence
- offering advice on neighbour nuisance
- offering advice on unfit properties
- referral to tenancy support services
- referral to supported housing schemes
- help to find accommodation in the private sector
How to contact the Housing Options service
P.O Box 28
Telephone 01543 462621
The Housing Options telephone service is open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
To book an appointment with a Housing Options Officer, please call the above number.
Please be aware that you may need to wait to see an adviser.
We are only able to offer appointments to people who already reside within the Cannock Chase District
Last Updated: 28/05/2019