It is recognised that tackling anti-social behaviour and other crime related issues are of great concern for residents living in Cannock Chase.
We are urging football fans to ‘show domestic abuse the red card’ during the football season which will be watched by many at home.
Research shows that incidents of domestic abuse rise sharply during major football tournaments by up to 25 per cent.
With the first football game kicking off this week, people will be watching the games from their homes due to the pandemic. This again could increase tensions within households, resulting in incidences of domestic abuse.
In response to this, our Community Safety Partnership has teamed up with local partners including Staffordshire Police, New Era (domestic abuse service), the Staffordshire Commissioner’s Office and local authorities across Staffordshire to deliver some important messages.
Read the full press release here.
A full list of support services are available here.
If you are suffering from domestic abuse...
Staffordshire-wide support for victims and their families:
- New Era’s Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent 24-hour confidential helpline (across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent): 0300 303 3778 and their 24/7 live chat facility at www.new-era.uk
Localised support for victims and their families (including safe accommodation):
- Staffordshire Women’s Aid 24-hour confidential helpline (supporting Stafford, Cannock and South Staffordshire): 0300 330 5959
- Glow (supporting North Staffordshire): 0330 0945 559
- Pathway 24-hour confidential helpline (supporting Lichfield and Tamworth): 01543 676800
If you would like to change your behaviour....
Staffordshire-wide services for perpetrators wanting to change their behaviour:
- New Era Domestic Abuse Service for perpetrators who want support to change (across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent): 01785 601690
Localised services for perpetrators wanting to change their behaviour:
- Glow Domestic Abuse Service for perpetrators who want support to change (supporting North Staffordshire): 0330 0945 559
Last Updated: 26/08/2020