To contact the Council's main switchboard Tel: 01543 462621
Customer Service Standards – Telephone Calls
We care about our customers and the experience you have when contacting us.
We expect our teams to support a “Customer focused, first point resolution” approach ensuring customers always receive consistent, high quality customer service whenever they contact the Council.
When dealing with your telephone enquiries we will:
- Aim to answer calls promptly*.
- Tell you who you are speaking to and the name of the service or place you are calling.
- Treat you courteously and with respect.
- Listen to your request and resolve it at first point of contact wherever possible.
- Ensure that we do not use jargon.
- Be professional, open and honest about the service we can / cannot offer.
- Transfer your call, take a message or give you an alternative number to call if we cannot help you directly.
- Return your messages as soon as possible.
* Please note that call answer times can be affected at peak times, our Customer service team will be aware you are waiting and will answer as quickly as possible
In return we ask you to:
Treat us with respect
- Treat our employees with courtesy and respect.
- Allow us to work in a safe environment free from aggressive, abusive or threatening language or behaviour.
- Be patient when you contact us at busy times.
- Check this website for information and self service options which may help with your enquiry.
The Council has a zero tolerance policy regarding abuse or threats made to its employees and will take appropriate action.
Let us know
- If you need any specific help in supporting you with your enquiry
- Give us all the information we need to help you.
- Ask us to explain anything you are unsure of.
- Give us notice if you need to cancel or rearrange appointments.
- Give us feedback if you think we can improve things like information on our website or how we communicate with you.
If you have any queries or comments about our Customer Standards please email us at: email@example.com
If you wish to provide some feedback or to make a complaint you can do this via:
- Council’s website: http://www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/council/about-council/customer-feedback-help-us-get-it-right
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter: Cannock Chase Council, PO Box 28, Civic Centre, Beecroft Road, Cannock, Staffordshire WS11 1BG
- Telephone: 01543 462621
Last Updated: 11/05/2021