This team is responsible for dealing with the Council's statutory responsibilities towards private sector housing. This team employs Environmental Health Officers and Technical Officers who deliver the following functions:
- Investigation of complaints about hazards to health, safety and wellbeing in private residential properties.
- Investigation of complaints about defects with private drains.
- Delivering adaptations for people with disabilities to make their homes easier and safer to live in.
- Delivering home security improvements for vulnerable people.
- Dealing with long term empty properties in the district and bringing them back into use.
- Licensing and regulation of safety and management standards in Houses in Multiple Occupation.
For more information please telephone 01543 462621
Or write to:
Private Sector Housing
Cannock Chase Council
Last Updated: 21/02/2019