This team is responsible for dealing with the Council's statutory responsibilities towards private sector housing. This team employs Environmental Health Officers and Technical Officers who deliver the following functions:
- Investigation of complaints about hazards to health, safety and wellbeing in private residential properties.
- Investigation of complaints about defects with private drains.
- Delivering adaptations for people with disabilities to make their homes easier and safer to live in.
- Delivering home security improvements for vulnerable people.
- Dealing with long term empty properties in the district and bringing them back into use.
- Licensing and regulation of safety and management standards in Houses in Multiple Occupation.
At Cannock Chase Council we are committed to ensuring our residents live in safe and healthy homes. The Team’s Private Sector Housing Strategy 2022-27 looks to tackle some of the challenges facing the private rented sector and sets out our proactive and reactive approach to help improve the condition of rented properties and provide support to stakeholders. We are committed to continually improving our service and working with landlords, tenants and partners to ensure homes meet the standards required.
Although the Council has adopted this strategy, we are always pleased to receive feedback. If you wish to make any comments please email us.
For more information please telephone 01543 462621
Or write to:
Private Sector Housing
Cannock Chase Council
Private sector housing strategy 2022-27
Last Updated: 20/07/2023