Housing Complaints and Compliments

If you wish to provide some feedback or to make a complaint you can do this via:

◾Council’s website: http://www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/council/about-council/customer-feedback-help-us-get-it-right

◾Email: ceoformalenquiries@cannockchasedc.gov.uk

◾Letter:  Cannock Chase Council, PO Box 28, Civic Centre, Beecroft Road, Cannock, Staffordshire WS11 1BG                     

◾Telephone:  01543 462621

As a social housing provider the Council is a member of the Housing Ombudsman Service. The Housing Ombudsman Service (the Ombudsman) is set up by law to look at complaints about housing organisations that are registered with them. The Ombudsman resolve disputes involving tenants and leaseholders of social landlords (housing associations and local authorities).

The Ombudsman considers complaints using dispute resolution principles, and encourage landlords and residents to use these principles so they can resolve complaints together at the earliest possible opportunity. To better enable this, the Ombudsman recently published their Complaint Handling Code in July 2020. A self assessment has been undertaken against the code, please see document attached below.

How to make a complaint - The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government campaign

The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government has launched a campaign to empower social housing residents in England to raise complaints. Make Things Right will give residents advice about how to raise complaints if they are unhappy with their landlord and struggling to get problems resolved, with clear advice on how to progress issues to the Housing Ombudsman if necessary. For more details see https://socialhousingcomplaints.campaign.gov.uk/


Last Updated:

A to Z of Services